Blackberry email troubleshooting
Blackberry phones vary in the way that email is setup. This article will cover the basics of email setup on Blackberry phones using the Blackberry Curve 8520 as an example. Even though your phone might be slightly different, the same basic principles should apply.
Enter your Email address in the field above for your personalised email settings.
Access the required settings within the mail app by selecting:
- Settings > Accounts > Advanced
- Skip to point 7 below
1. Press the Blackberry button on your phone.
2. Find and select the Setup icon.
3. Select Email Settings or Email Accounts
4. Some models have an additional step asking you which type of account to setup. Select Internet Mail Account if your phone displays this screen.
5. Click on the account you want to check and select Edit
6. Expand General Options and make sure the Email address is correct.
7. Expand Login Information and check that the User name (your full email address) and password is correct. (forgotten passwords can be reset in konsoleH)
8. Finally expand Advanced Options and make sure the following matches:
Incoming Email Server: mail. followed by your domain name e.g. mail.example.com
Email server type: IMAP
Outgoing Email Server: smtp. followed by your domain name e.g. smtp.example.com
Email server type: SMTP
9. Click Save to apply changes.