How to update your FTP Backup password for your Self-Managed server
It is good practice to change your passwords every 30 to 60 days to prevent unauthorised access to your information.
To change your FTP Backup password for your Self-Managed server, follow these steps:
Please note: We will only accept strong passwords. To ensure that your password is strong, be sure to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Use both upper and lower case letters.
- Incorporate numbers or punctuation marks.
- Use at least one special character: ! @ # $ % * ( ) – + = , < > : : “ ‘ .
- Ensure it is at least 11 characters long.
- Do not use your username, email address or domain names associated with your account.
- Do not use your personal information, such as name, phone number, ID number, special dates, address or names of anyone you know.
- Use different passwords for you various hosting services.
- Use a word or phrase you can remember easily, but would be very difficult for anyone else to guess.