In line with WordPress recommendations and the lack of security updates for older versions of PHP, your website will be upgraded to PHP 7.2 in October 2019. We recommend you upgrade your site manually before then.
PHP 7 offers significant performance improvements and is recommended by WordPress and other major CMS’s. Upgrading to PHP 7 is quick and easy as long as your website and its functionality are supported on this version.
We’ve prepared a checklist to ensure your upgrade runs smoothly.
- Check the WordPress core version your site is using to ensure it’s up to date.
- Make sure there are no pending software updates or older themes/plugins that may have expired. This useful WordPress plugin will provide you with a list of software that may need to be updated, or is potentially at risk of being unsupported by the latest PHP versions.
- If your website has any customisations written in PHP that may need to be reviewed by a developer. Should you require a developer, please send us a request for our Web Developer referral list.
Upgrading your PHP version:
Once your website has been prepped/ checked, you can upgrade your PHP version.
- Browse to konsoleH and log in at Admin or Domain level
- If Admin level: Select or search for a domain name in the Hosting Services tab
- Click Manage Services on the left-hand menu
- Below that select Configuration > PHP Config
- Select the drop-down option next to PHP version.
- Select your choice of version 5.6, 7.0, 7.1 or 7.2.
- Click Save
Following the upgrade, browse to your website and test its functionality.