PHP 7 offers significant performance improvements and is recommended by WordPress and other major CMS’s. Upgrading to PHP 7 is quick and easy as long as your website and its functionality are supported on this version.
We’ve prepared a checklist to ensure your upgrade runs smoothly.
- Check the WordPress core version your site is using to ensure it’s up to date.
- Make sure there are no pending software updates or older themes/plugins that may have expired.
- If your website has any customisations written in PHP that may need to be reviewed by a developer. Should you require a developer, please send us a request for our Web Developer referral list.
Upgrading your PHP version:
Once your website has been prepped/ checked, you can upgrade your PHP version.
- Browse to konsoleH and log in at Admin or Domain level
- If Admin level: Select or search for a domain name in the Hosting Services tab
- Click Manage Services on the left-hand menu
- Below that select Configuration > PHP Config
- Select the drop-down option next to PHP version.
- Select your choice of version
- Click Save
Following the upgrade, browse to your website and test its functionality.