How to set up two-factor authentication in konsoleH
If you are using our new Control Panel, refer to this article.
Make the switch and discover a simpler, more secure way to manage your hosting.
You can now enable two-factor authentication (2FA) on your konsoleH account, which will help you to keep your account safe in the event that your password is compromised.
This security measure adds an extra layer of protection by requiring a second verification step when logging in, significantly reducing the risk of unauthorised access
Note: If you’re planning to share access with multiple users on your account, ensure that each device scans the same QR code or enters the text code provided.
Set up 2FA on your account:
- Browse to konsoleH and log in at Admin level.
- Select Manage 2FA in the top right of the page.
- Install one of the following applications on your Mobile Device: FreeOTP Authenticator or Google Authenticator.
- You will have the option of either scanning a QR code, or a text code to enable two-factor authentication.
Note: Provide this code to others who will need to access the account on Admin-level so that they may generate their one-time code.
- The application will then provide you with a one-time code.
- Enter the one-time code in the field provided in the control panel.
- Congratulations! Your two-factor authentication has been successfully configured.
After successfully logging into your account using 2FA, the login session will be valid for a period of 30 days. During this time, you won’t need to provide the second factor of authentication to access your account.
When logging into your account from a different browser, IP or Operating System within the 30-day window, you will be prompted to enter your 2FA code again.