When adding a new email account in Thunderbird, you will be prompted for the server password. Thunderbird remembers the password and uses it every time you access your mail.
However, as the password isn’t stored together with the mail account details, you need to access the Thunderbird Password Manager if your mail account password is changed.
Note: This article guides you to change your mail account’s stored password – resetting the password itself needs to be done via the konsoleH control panel or via your webmail; here’s how.
Change mail account stored password
- Open Thunderbird and click the menu icon at top right
- Select Preferences or Options – depending on your version
- Select Preferences or Options again
- Select Security > Passwords > Saved Passwords
- Click Show Passwords and Confirm when the pop up asks to confirm
- Change your password
- Close all open windows and relaunch Thunderbird