This article will guide you on how to load your OS via the Remote Control Device attached to your Self-Managed server. We use the Intel RMM and the Supermicro IPMI.
This can be performed using either a Windows or Linux local computer. Mac is not recommended as there are various Java incompatibilities.
- Browse to the RMM IP address and log in
- Select Remote Control in the top menu. Note: If you have pop-ups blocked, you may need to unblock them.
- Press the Launch Console button
- Open the downloaded file. Accept the Security Warning by ticking the checkbox and select Run
- In the remote console window, click on Device
- Select Redirect ISO option
- Select the ISO file you want to mount from your local drive and Open
- Reboot the server by selecting Reset Server > Perform Action
- Press <F6> Boot menu on the keyboard
- Select the Virtual CDROM option and it will boot the ISO mounted
- Browse to the IP address of your Remote Management interface
- Select Remote Control > Console Redirection (Click Cancel if a Java Runtime error pops up -- this can be ignored)
- Click the Launch Console button, which will either launch the console directly or download a file named launch.jnlp which can be opened.
- In the new iKVM window, select Virtual Media > Virtual Storage
- Set the Logical Drive Type to ISO File from the dropdown menu
- Click Open Image and select the relevant .iso file from your local drive, click Open
- Click Plug in to mount the .iso file as a virtual CDROM, then OK
- Reboot the system using the Remote Console by either soft reboot from the OS, or:
- Select Power Control > Set Power Reset
- Press <F11> to open a boot menu
- Navigate to the appropriate Virtual CDROM option using the arrow keys, press Enter
- You will now boot into your mounted ISO