How to Manage FTP Users
If you are using our new Control Panel, refer to this article.
The FTP Users tool in konsoleH allows you to create multiple FTP users for a single Web hosting account. You can give access to specific FTP directories of your website to different users so that you can control who can publish content on specific areas of your website.
The quota of FTP Users varies per hosting package:
- Basic: 1
- Standard: 3
- Advanced: 7
- Master: 15
FTP accounts can reference any path within the public_html directory (publicly viewable folder) of the hosting account. Users will only have access to the specific directories as specified in the FTP Users tool.
Manage your FTP users via konsoleH:
- Browse to konsoleH and log in at Admin or Domain level
- If Admin level: Select or search for a domain name in the Hosting Service tab
- Select Manage Services > Configuration on the left-hand menu
- Click FTP Users
- Add, edit or delete FTP accounts. NB: Keep a record of passwords as they will not be displayed or accessible later.
- Use the dropdown arrow to select the FTP folder authorised for that user. The default /public_html/ allows access to all web content
- Should you change the password of the main FTP user, the password used to log into konsoleH at Domain level will also change accordingly for the relevant hosting account.
- FTP users can only be created to provide access within the public_html directory and not within the home directory (not public viewable). Providing access to the home directory could pose a security risk and put the stability of your email accounts in jeopardy.
- The FTP login/username is not customizable. Each new user directory will be given a standardized FTP login/username in the format example_0, example_1, example_2.
- The FTP password is customizable. Although an auto-generated password will be provided, you may enter a different password.