How to manage FTP users
(Please note that the xneelo Control Panel is currently only available to customers on our beta programme).
The FTP Users tool in the xneelo Control Panel allows you to create multiple FTP users for a single Web Hosting account. You can give access to specific FTP directories of your website to different users so that you can control who can publish content on specific areas of your website.
The quota of FTP Users varies per hosting package:
- Basic: 1
- Standard: 3
- Advanced: 7
- Master: 15
FTP accounts can reference any path within the public_html directory (publicly viewable folder) of the hosting account. Users will only have access to the specific directories as specified in the FTP Users tool.
Manage your FTP users via the xneelo Control Panel:
- Log in to the xneelo Control Panel.
- Navigate to the Products page.
- Click View next to your domain name.
- Under Hosting tools, select FTP Users
- Here, you can add, edit or delete FTP accounts.
- Click Reset Password to reset your FTP user password.
- FTP users can only be created to provide access within the public_html directory and not within the home directory (not public viewable). Providing access to the home directory could pose a security risk and put the stability of your email accounts in jeopardy.
- The FTP login/username is not customisable. Each new user directory will be given a standardized FTP login/username in the format example_0, example_1, example_2.
- The FTP password is customisable. Although an auto-generated password will be provided, you may enter a different password.