How to secure your website against hackers
We use advanced security protocols to secure our network and servers. Your website, however, needs to be secured by you – we don’t have access to this layer. Here are some security measures for your website:
- Use Cloudbric – a web application firewall that shields your website against attack. It guards against suspicious and malicious website traffic, which specifically looks for opportunities to exploit weaknesses in your website’s code. Try Cloudbric for free for 3 months.
- Ensure you are running the latest version of your Content Management System (CMS) e.g. WordPress or Joomla.
- Subscribe to your CMS’s security alerts. Most CMS’s provide an email subscription that alert users to vulnerabilities.
- Run regular virus scans on your PC and ensure that your virus scanning software is up to date (include anti-spyware) to avoid falling prey to malware. Perform regular virus scans on the computer from where FTP uploads are performed.
- Check your file permissions to ensure you are not using weak permissions.
- Regularly change your passwords and use strong passwords for FTP and email.