What are ‘Collaborators’?
We’re moving away from Customer and Domain Level access (which is used in konsoleH), to user/role-based access in the new xneelo Control Panel. This means you’re able to give certain people (called Collaborators) access to your xneelo Control Panel. There are different roles available, each with its own privileges.
The Collaborators functionality limits what users can see (and do) in your control panel, while keeping your personal login details private.
Benefits of using the Collaborators’ functionality
It’s easy to invite other users to collaborate on your account, giving them distinct user roles that determine their level of access (what they’re allowed to do on your account).
- You manage who can access your customer account
- Roles restrict users to specific functionality and features
- There is no sharing of access credentials
- One account, multiple users
- Ability to switch between customer accounts with ease without logging out
What are the different roles and permissions?
As a Collaborator, you have access to various tools within the control panel. What you can access will depend on your role and permissions.
Let’s have a look at what each role includes:
As the Account Owner, you have the highest level of access and complete control over all the products and customer account data listed. There can only be one Account Owner on a customer account. Account Owners have access to:
- Account details and invoice overview
- Collaborators – adding and removing them
- All products and tools
This role is perfect for your trusted business partners and provides the same level of access as the Account Owner. As an Account Administrator you have access to the following:
- Manage collaborators
- Manage domains (including ownership)
- Order or cancel products
- View invoices and update payment method
- All Technical Administrator functions
Technical Administrator (All products or Specific products)
This role is perfect for your web developer or IT manager. As a Technical Administrator, you have access to all technical functions, such as:
- Mailbox administration
- Server management
- Database management
- DNS administration (not available for Technical Administrators managing Specific products)
Note: You will not be able to access Collaborators management, view billing and account details, or purchase additional products or services.
This role is perfect for your bookkeeper or accountant and provides access to everything you need to ensure timely payments.
- View/pay invoices
- Manage payment instructions
- Modify invoice address
- View products
Collaborators can be added as emergency contacts on your account.