How to install a new Linux Operating System (Interactive Install)
The Linux Install tool enables you to install a Linux Operating System (OS) onto your Self-Managed server. This feature requires certain BIOS settings to be enabled (this may not apply to older servers). If you experience any issues, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will gladly assist.
This is a pure vanilla OS install as if you are attaching the install media via a CD/USB drive.
To use the Linux Install tool:
- Browse to your xneelo Control Panel and log in.
- Select the Self-Managed Servers tab on the Product Listing page.
- Click ‘View’ next to the server you would like to access.
- On the Product Overview screen, click on the ‘Linux Install’ icon.
- Select the distribution of the installation that you wish to activate.
- Select ‘Activate.’
- Reboot your server within 10 minutes of performing this action via the RMM / IPMI device.
- During the server startup process, you have the option to reconfigure your RAID (TruServ Commerce only) via the RAID controller bios.
- The server will boot into the OS installation environment you selected in step 4.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to install your OS and configure your disks and partition layout.
- Once the install is complete, your server will reboot and your installed OS will be accessible.
- Access your server with the user(s) configured via SSH (please note, some Linux distributions do not allow root logins by default over SSH).