Managing and monitoring traffic for Colocation via the xneelo Control Panel
If you are still using konsoleH, refer to this article.
Our control panel makes it possible for you to monitor your traffic usage on a regular basis.
Log in to the xneelo Control Panel.
- Under Products in the side menu, select Colocation.
- Select the Rack_name.
- Under Traffic tools, select Traffic Reports.
- Select the required period and click Generate Report.
- A graph displays the total traffic as well as incoming and outgoing requests generated by that server’s IP range over the period of time that you have specified.
- You can also view the traffic usage for a specific IP Address by scrolling down to Traffic Overview and selecting the IP range.
It is important that you regularly use this tool to check for any unusual traffic activity.
Should you want to allocate traffic to individual accounts in order to recover costs, we suggest you install additional traffic monitoring software on your server.
In order to assist you in effectively monitoring your traffic usage, we have set up a notification system in the control panel called Burst threshold.
You have the option to be notified when you exceed a certain amount of traffic by selecting an amount and the period of time you wish to monitor.
For example, if you’d like to be notified when you have used more than 500 MB of traffic within 3 hours, simply set your burst threshold to these values and the control panel will send you a notification email when this threshold has been reached.
A default notification is enabled which is set to 200 MB in 1 hour.
Excessive traffic is most likely due to internet abuse.
As you are responsible for all levels of software on the servers located within your Colocation Rack, any traffic generated due to exploited vulnerabilities or other abusive internet activity will be charged to you.