Managing and Monitoring traffic for Colocation
Traffic Monitoring tool
Our control panel, konsoleH, makes it possible for you to monitor your traffic usage on a regular basis.
- Browse to konsoleH and log in at Admin level
- Select ‘Traffic & Reports’ where you will find the ‘Traffic’ tool
- You can search for an IP Address to view its current traffic usage
- The traffic statistics can also be displayed by selecting various billing periods
- A traffic graph is generated according to the specified time period selected
It is important that you regularly use this tool to check for any unusual traffic activity.
Should you want to allocate traffic to individual accounts in order to recover costs, we suggest you install additional traffic monitoring software on your server.
In order to assist you in effectively monitoring your traffic usage, we have setup a notification system in konsoleH called Burst threshold.
- You have the option to receive notification when you exceed a certain amount of traffic
- You decide this amount and the period of time you wish to monitor
- For example, if you’d like to be notified when you have used more than 500 MB of traffic within 3 hours, simply set your burst threshold to these values and konsoleH will email you a notification when this threshold has been reached
- A default notification is enabled, set to 200 MB for an hour’s traffic
- This is most probably due to internet abuse
- You are responsible for all levels of software on the servers located within your Colocation Rack
- Any traffic generated due to exploited vulnerabilities or other abusive internet activity, will be charged to you.