How to add an SRV record
A service record (SRV record) is used in DNS to define the location, i.e. the host name and port number of servers for certain services. Certain Internet protocols, for example, the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP), often require SRV support to function correctly.
You may add an SRV record via the Manage DNS tool in konsoleH by following the below steps:
- Browse to konsoleH and log in at Admin level
- Select or search for a domain name in the Hosting Services tab
- Select Manage Services from the left-hand menu
- Select Domains >Manage DNS
- Select konsoleH Beta
- Click Add new record
- Choose SRV from the Type drop-down on the left-hand side. Complete the Host and Will direct to fields and select Add
- To update a current SRV record, SRV records and make the required changes by clicking in a field to edit. Note the fullstop after the value
- Click Save (This button will appear once you have made changes)
You are also able to Import a custom zone file, similar to the advanced view available in the classic manage DNS tool.
Once you have added or changed the required DNS records, please allow 2 to 24 hours for DNS propagation to complete.