How to adjust your Spam Filter Score
All incoming mail to our servers is evaluated for their likelihood of being spam and given a rating based on various criteria.
By default, konsoleH’s Spam Filter has a threshold value of ‘5’. Emails that score less than ‘5’ are delivered to your inbox while emails that score higher than ‘5’ are sent directly to the Spam Bucket.
It is possible to adjust the threshold value using the Spam Filter tool. However, it is important to note that the higher you place the threshold, the more Spam will pass through to your inbox. The lower you place the threshold, the less Spam will pass through to our threshold.
Adjust the Spam Filter Score via konsoleH:
- Browse to konsoleH and log in (Admin or Domain level)
- Select or search for a domain name in the Hosting Service tab
- Select Mail from the left-hand menu
- Select the Spam Filter menu option
- Click Edit Filter Level
- Select the new score from the dropdown list of values
- Click Save
Warning: Should you decide to place the threshold at a value of ‘1’, ‘2’ or ‘3’, be aware that this is an aggressive Spam score and will result in an INCREASED amount of ‘False Positives’.
We recommend that the threshold value remains at ‘5’ and that you regularly check the Spam Bucket to pick up on any ‘False Positives’. Should you encounter ‘False Positives’ and would like to continue to receive email from this particular address, we recommend that you use ‘white list’ the said email address, as follows:
- From the current menu, select Mail > Black/Whitelist
- Add the address to whitelist
- either the full email address e.g. email@example.com
- or the wildcard address using * e.g. *@example.com, which will whitelist all email addresses at that domain.