This article applies if we will be responsible for your domain administration and email service, but you will be pointing to another service provider for website hosting services.
After registering your new domain, or submitting your domain transfer request via the Domain Transfer Manager (DTM), you would need to access the Manage DNS tool within konsoleH to adjust your website records to point to the IP address of the server that is hosting your website.
Contact your website provider:
- To ensure you have the correct IP address for website records
- To ensure that they are aware that we will be administering the domain record while they will administer your website hosting.
- Ask them if there are specific settings that need to be configured on the DNS record to ensure your website is uninterrupted.
Change DNS records in konsoleH
- Browse to konsoleH and log in at Admin level
- Select or search for a domain name in the Hosting Service tab
- Select Manage Services from the left-hand menu
- Select Manage DNS under Domains to access the DNS interface for your domain
- Under A records find the ‘@ and www records and click in the Value field to edit
- Replace the current IP to the IP address of your site’s server for each of the @ and www rows, then click Save
- xneelo will now be responsible for the hosting of your mail, but not your website
- Please be aware that it can take up to 24 hours before you will see your DNS changes reflected due to DNS propagation.
- Incorrect DNS changes can interfere with the operation of your website and/or email. It is advisable to familiarise yourself with this tool before making any changes or additions.
- NOTE: You need to log in with your Customer number or email address and Management password. When logged in at ‘Domain’ level’ i.e. with your domain name and FTP password, the tool will not be visible at this level of administration is only provided to Authoritative contacts.
Some useful resources: