There is no disk space limit on a per mailbox basis, rather a limit on the disk space of each hosting account, including all email and web files. If exceeded, over-usage charges will be billed for the extra disk space used. The allocated disk space (storage) varies according to the hosting account type.
Limit email message size
You are able to limit the maximum email message size of incoming mail according to your needs. To do this:
- Browse to konsoleH and log in at Admin level.
- Select or search for the required domain name in the Hosting Services tab.
- Click Mail from the left-hand menu > Manage Accounts under Mail.
- Select konsoleH beta
- The Mail Admin page displays all mailboxes and aliases for your domain.
- In line with each mailbox is a 3 dot More menu
- Select Message size limit and adjust according to your needs using the dropdown arrow.
- Large volumes of mail and large mails affect the performance of your mailbox and make viewing mails online via Webmail cumbersome.
- Our Acceptable Use Policy dictates that:
- Accounts with many files can have an adverse effect on server performance. Xneelo has the following limit: 200 000 files (i.e. an email, webpage, image file, directory etc.), or 50 000 files per directory. Accounts exceeding the above limit will have those files and/or directories excluded from our backup system.
- Mailboxes that build up large volumes of email without being accessed are not allowed (e.g. catchall mailboxes or bounce message mailboxes). The primary cause of excessive disk usage can be due to customers having their catchall address enabled, yet never checking their primary account mailbox. Over time, tens of thousands of messages build up, pushing the account past our file limit.
- Email older than five years may not be stored on the server.
- Individual emails that are 5 MB or larger may not be stored on the server for more than 1 month.