How to auto set up your email address in Mac Mail
Use the auto-configuration tool below to quickly and easily setup your mail accounts on any Apple device – from iPhones to MacBooks. Here’s how:
The easiest method is to open this webpage on the device that you would like to install the mail account. If setting the account up on an iPad or an iPhone, open this page in your Safari browser. The profile will not download correctly in another browser.
First Create your Configuration File:
- Insert your name, email address, and email password into the Configuration Tool below.
- Copy the passcode – this will be used once-off to authenticate the configuration file (you don’t need to worry about remembering this code).
- Click Create Configuration File.
- Next, click Download and paste the code you just copied into the placeholder.
- Then, click Download Configuration File.
Note: If you are creating this configuration file on behalf of someone, insert their email address into the placeholder and click Send Configuration File. You will also need to send them the passcode copied. Use a password-sharing app or send it separately via WhatsApp.
If you are using a Mac, continue with these steps:
- Go to System Preferences and select Profile. You can also find the configuration file in your Downloads folder.
- In the Email Settings box, you can view all your details and click Install. Your email address is now set up and it can be viewed in your email program.
If you are using an iPhone or iPad, continue with these steps:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select More for Your iPhone below your name on the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Next, select View Profile.
- Under Profile Downloaded, click Install to install the mail profile. Your email address is now set up and it can be viewed in your email program.
- The mail account will be set up using IMAP and SSL/TLS.
- If you receive a Token mismatch error, clear your browser cookies and cache, or view this page in an Incognito (Chrome) or alternative browser and try again.
- To remove the account on a mobile device, go to Settings > VPN & Device Management> Email Settings > Remove Profile.
- Still struggling? Refer to our Step-by-Step instructions.