This guide takes you step-by-step through the process of setting up a new email account in Office 365’s Outlook for Mac.
Replace example.com with your domain name.
- Email address
- Server name – Find your server name here, or from your mail administrator or xneelo Support.
Check your password
- First, check your password by browsing to Webmail and trying to log in. If you aren’t able to log in, then you have the incorrect password. Forgotten passwords can be reset in konsoleH – you will need to get your domain or web administrator to update it for you if you don’t have konsoleH access.
Add your mail account
- Launch Outlook
- Select the Outlook tab, then Preferences and then Accounts
- A new window will open which will list any other accounts already set up
- If there are no accounts listed, click the Add Email Account button. If there are already accounts, click the ‘+‘ button at bottom left and then Add New Account…
- Enter your email address then click Continue
- On the next window, be mindful of Office 365 defaulting to Exchange. Select Not Exchange at top right to de-select this as we do not support exchange mailing on our hosting environment.
- Select POP/IMAP
- Enter the settings relevant to your mail account
- POP or IMAP (choose IMAP if you want to access your mail on more than one device e.g. laptop and cell phone)
- Email address and User name are both your full email address eg. email@example.com
- Server name is in the format www34.cpt3.host-h.net (note: no full stop after www). This is the server relevant to your email address and will vary across different domains.
- Incoming server Port: 993
- Outgoing server Port: 465
- Select Use SSL
- Click the Add Account button.
Note: If you don’t have the server name, you won’t be able to connect via SSL. Instead you can use the alternative settings below, but this may cause errors:
- mail.domain e.g. mail.example.com for the Incoming Server
- smtp.domain e.g. smtp.example.com as the Outgoing server
- Untick Use SSL
- Ensure that the Outgoing Server port is set to 587