♦ Is this the first time you’re setting up this email account? Then use our new email setup guide, rather than this Outlook 2010 troubleshooting guide.
♦ Replace example.com with your domain name.
Check existing account settings
1. Launch Outlook 2010 an select File from the top menu bar
2. Select Info and Account Settings
Select the relevant account
3. Select the relevant account and click the Change button within the Email tab
Check your settings
4. Ensure that your settings are correct as below – replacing with your own name and domain.
- Choose POP or IMAP under Account Type
- Ensure that the User Name is the full email address
- If you don’t know your password, reset it via konsoleH
5. Click More Settings
Outgoing Server settings
6. Select the Outgoing Server tab
7. Ensure that the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox is ticked
8. Ensure that you have selected Use same settings as my incoming mail server
9. Select the Advanced tab
10. Ensure that your settings are as below for either POP or IMAP:
POP port settings
- Default setup: incoming 110, outgoing 587
- If SSL is required: incoming 995, Outgoing 465
IMAP port settings
- Default setup: incoming 143, outgoing 587
- If SSL is required: incoming 993, outgoing 465
11. Click OK, then Next and Finish.
12. Click Close on the Internet Accounts window.