It is good practice to change your email password regularly to prevent unauthorised access to your information.
Forgotten mail passwords can’t be recovered, however, they can be reset in konsoleH (option 1 below).
Use a phrase you can easily remember, but which would be difficult for someone else to guess. We suggest using phrases such as 1-LOVE-my-dog which are highly secure, according to strength testing sites such as How Strong is my Password. It includes a number, lower and upper case letters and symbols.
Option 1 – for administrators
Reset or Change your email password via konsoleH
- Browse to konsoleH and log in at Admin level
- Select or search for the applicable domain
- Select Mail in the left-hand menu
- Select Manage Accounts
- Select konsoleH Beta
- The Mail Admin page displays all mailboxes and aliases for your domain
- Select the line for the mailbox requiring a password reset, then select the padlock icon
- Enter your new password in the Password reset field. A strong password of at least 14 characters is needed. This can be your own choice of password, or you can use a secure, randomly generated password by clicking the circular arrows icon. Immediately copy this password to your clipboard by clicking the first icon and save somewhere secure. The eye icon will reveal the hidden password.
- Select Reset password
Option 2 – for mail users
Reset or Change your email password in Webmail
Note: you will need to know the current password to change it here. If you have forgotten your password, you will need to login via Option 1 above or contact your mail administrator to make the change for you.
- Browse to Webmail
- Log in with your:
Full email address, e.g. email@example.com and
Email password (remember, passwords are case-sensitive)
- Click on Settings (the cog icon at the top right)
- Click Manage Mailbox in the left menu
- You now need to again log in with your mailbox password
- Click the Change password button
- Enter and verify your new password
- Click Update Mailbox at the bottom of the page
If you make use of an email program to access your email, it is important that you update your email program with your new password.
Ensure your password is strong. Following our guidelines:
- Use both upper and lower case letters
- Incorporate numbers or punctuation marks
- Ensure your password is at least 11 characters long
- Do not use your usernames, email addresses or domain names associated with your account
- Do not use your personal information, like your pet’s name, special dates, or your ID number
- Use different passwords for your various hosting services
- Store your passwords securely using a secure application e.g Last Pass or 1 Password