Let’s Encrypt TSL/SSL certificates are included and pre-installed on all xneelo hosting packages. The cerificate is automatically configured with the hosting package and no further registration is required. HTTPS is active by default.
These are Domain Validation (DV) certificates that validate the domain name against registry records and offer the same validation and encryption as all other DV certificates, such as Thawte123 SSL.
They are suitable for websites but do not support SSL mail.
We don’t offer Organisational Validation (OV) e.g. Thawte Web Server or Extended Validation (EV) certificates as the validation process is most efficiently achieved when you liaise directly with the Certification Authority.
You are welcome to order or renew any level of SSL certificate directly from your choice of the following Certification Authorities, and we will install the certificate for you:
1. Contact us for your CSR
A Certificate Signing Request (CSR) is an encrypted message that includes your specific information which you need to provide to the Certificate Authority (CA) to request your SSL/TLS certificate.
Mail email@example.com [Subject: SSL/TLS – generate CSR for (domain name)] with the following information:
- Common name e.g. www.example.com (important: please confirm if this includes the www’s) or mail.example.com
- Certificate Authority (CA) e.g. Thawte
- Certificate Type e.g. Thawte Web Server
- Correct domain ownership details must be used for the CSR generation. We require the following:
- Organisation: (NB. The full legal entity name)
- This information needs to be correct or else your SSL certification will fail.
- This process applies for both new certificates and renewals
We will mail you the CSR. This looks like a block of random text.
2. Order your certificate with your CA of choice
Go to the website of your Certification Authority (CA) and order or renew your certificate online, making sure to provide the same details that you provided us for your CSR.
The final step will require you to copy and paste the CSR text in your application.
The CA will now contact you by telephone and/or by email for authentication.
3. Forward the certificate to us
Once your certification is complete, your certificate will either be mailed to you or be available for download from the CA website.
Simply mail the certificate to our Technical Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org [Subject: SSL/TLS installation for (domain)] and we will install it on the webserver that hosts your website.