What is Managed Server hosting?
A Managed Server provides you with an entire web server specifically dedicated to your needs, that’s conveniently administered by our experienced team. For websites that need more resources than our shared Web Hosting packages can provide, a Managed Server is an ideal option.
Recommended uses for a Managed Server:
- This solution is ideal as a high-end web server, for email and collaboration, to host a web development project, or for any task where a server’s full resources are needed.
- We recommend it for customers who would like to leave all their server worries in the hands of our reliable and competent engineers.
- We handle all monitoring, management, and maintenance for you, therefore no root access is provided.
- Our Managed Servers are built to specifications similar to those used for our Shared Web hosting packages ᠆ we use xneelo’s standard hardware and software setup ᠆ see our list of standard software. As this is a managed server setup, we use our standard build.
- The Operating System is Debian – should you require different hardware or software configurations, please consider our Self-Managed Server options.
- With this solution, you are provided with a web-based administration system for the creation and configuration of your own customised hosting packages ᠆ ideal for businesses and agencies that would like to create their own custom offering for their clients.
- You can host all your websites on this one server without having to pay hosting fees for each website added.
- While we make a server available to you for your own exclusive use, the server remains our property.
Our Managed Server offering includes:
- 24/7 customer support
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- A dedicated IP
- Option to configure multiple websites or dedicate the server to a single, high trafficked website
- Ability to create and configure your own customised hosting packages
- Bespoke control panel with tools to manage your account and hosting services
- CMS support
- Supports popular CMS’s like WordPress, Drupal & Joomla
- Wordpress easy install minimising the time needed to setup
- Multiple PHP version support (all upstream supported versions)
- Email hosting including mail filtering
- Web Application Firewall
- DDoS protection & brute force prevention
- Daily anti-malware scanning
- Protection against attacks from known malicious IP sources via the IP Reputation service
- Free SSL certificate from Let’s Encrypt for web and email
- Server monitoring:
- 24/7 monitoring and alerting of critical customer services (like Apache)
- 24/7 monitoring of supporting services that run on servers (like api services)
- Backups (for disaster recovery as well as site/email content daily) for two weeks
For more information on our Managed Hosting packages, or to order, please visit our product pages.