How to set up email in Outlook Mobile
This guide takes you step-by-step through the process of setting up a new email account in the Outlook Mobile app on iOS or Android.
Replace example.com with your domain name
Note: The following screenshots are from the Outlook app on an iPhone – Android mobiles have the same functionality but looks may differ.
1. Launch the Outlook app on your mobile phone
2. If this is the first account to be set up, skip to step 3. If you have other accounts set up, then you need to access the Add Account menu:
- Select the calendar at the bottom of your screen, then Add Account, or
- Select your profile icon to access the menu, then select the Settings icon (cog), then Add Email Account
3. An Add Account screen will appear. Enter your email address and select Add Account or Continue – depending on your version.
4. Now select Set Up Account Manually
5. Select IMAP under the Advanced setting
6. Complete the following fields:
- Email address – type in your full email address (in lowercase)
- Password – type your email password (forgotten passwords can be reset in konsoleH)
- Display name – Your full name (eg John Smith)
7. Complete all Advanced Settings
- IMAP Incoming Mail Server – mail. followed by your domain name e.g. mail.example.com*
- IMAP Username is the full email address
- IMAP Password is the mailbox password
- SMTP Outgoing Mail Server – smtp. followed by your domain name e.g. smtp.example.com*
- SMTP Username is the full email address (same as IMAP)
- SMTP Password is the mailbox password (same as IMAP)
8. Select either the Sign In button or the tick at the top right – depending on your version
9. The next screen – Account added – will confirm that the email account has been added successfully
10. If you would like to add another email account, select Continue. If not, select Skip
11. An email tutorial will appear; by selecting Skip you will be taken directed to your inbox. Alternatively, your inbox will appear after the tutorial.