Outlook 2011 for Mac troubleshooting
This guide will help you troubleshoot the setup of your email account in Outlook 2011 for Mac.
Is this the first time you’re setting up this email account? Then use our new email setup guide, rather than this Outlook for Mac 2011 troubleshooting guide.
Check your password
- First, check your password by browsing to Webmail and trying to log in. If you aren’t able to log in, then you have the incorrect password. Forgotten passwords can be reset in konsoleH – you will need to get your domain or web administrator to update it for you if you don’t have konsoleH access.
- Do you use a Mac Keychain? Make sure that the password saved in your keychain is correct – here’s how.
Check existing account settings
1. Launch Outlook
2. Select Tools from the top menu bar and then Accounts…
Select the relevant account and check your account settings
3. Select the relevant account
4. The screen will reflect either IMAP or POP – Check the details:
- Ensure that the User Name is the full email address in lower case
- If you don’t know your password, reset it via konsoleH.
- Incoming server: add mail. before your domain name e.g. mail.example.com*
- tick Use SSL to connect
- Port is 993 for IMAP or 995 for POP
- Outgoing server: add smtp. before your domain name
- Port is 465 (you may need to click “override default port” to change this)
- Tick Use SSL to connect
Settings for SMTP server
5. Under the “More Options…” button select User Name and Password for Authentication
6. Ensure that the User name is the full email address
7. Click OK
* Note: In isolated cases mail.domain (e.g. mail.example.com) and smtp.domain won’t work. In these cases, you will need to use the server name instead e.g. www34.cpt1.host-h.net. Find my server name.
Your account is now set up correctly.
Still struggling? Contact our Support team.