How to create a mailbox (konsoleH v1)
New email addresses (mailboxes or accounts) or mail aliases (forwarders) for your domain are created via your konsoleH control panel. Once created, these email addresses can be set up on your desktop or mobile device in the mail programme of your choice, or accessed online via WebMail.
Note: This article refers to the old Mail Admin tool in konsoleH v1. To rather use the new tool, please see: How to create a new email address
Create a mailbox
- Username is the email address that you want to create
- Password should be a secure combination of letters and numbers – use the strength bar for guidance
- Verify Password by retyping it
- Forward is optional for mailboxes and compulsory for aliases – if you want to forward all incoming mail to an alternative address
- The catch-all mailbox is disabled by default on Web hosting packages. If you would like all stray emails addressed to any username at your domain to be forwarded to a single mailbox, then enable the catch-all by choosing Edit at the top of the Mailbox Accounts page.
- Now that the email account is created on the server, you need to set up your email program or client (eg. Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird) to connect to the server to send and receive your email.
- If you are in the process of transferring a domain to us it is recommended that you set up the email accounts before transfer.