How to create a new email address
New email addresses for your xneelo domain can be either mailboxes or mail aliases (redirects) and are created via the xneelo Control Panel.
Add an email address in the xneelo Control Panel
- Log in to the xneelo Control Panel.
- Navigate to the Products page.
- Click View next to your domain name.
- Under Mail tools, select Mail Admin.
- Click + Add to continue.
Choose a type of email address – mailbox or alias
A mailbox is an independent email address with full functionality. Mail is stored on the server (unless your mail programme’s settings are not set up to do this). Stored mail adds to the disk space of the domain’s web hosting package. If a forwarder is added, mail will be delivered to both the mailbox and the forwarded address.An alias is an email address that redirects mail to another email address – either on the same domain or to an external address.
How to add a new mailbox
- Click Create.
- Add the new email address and your choice of password. Add a forwarder only if the email needs to be received in this new mailbox as well as to the forwarded address. Click Add.
- The details for setting up your new mail account will display.
- Click Close. Your new mailbox is now displayed on the Mail Admin page.
How to add an alias
- Click Create under the Aliases tab.
- Enter the new email address you would like to use in the Email field.
- Add the email address that you would like your mail directed to in the Forwarder field.
- The dropdown list will display all your mailboxes on the same domain –
- Click to select the mailbox you wish to use, or
- Insert your external email address and press Enter on your keyboard to confirm.
- Click Add.
- Your new alias is now displayed on the Mail Admin page under Aliases.
Edit Mail Admin settings
- Click the 3 dot More menu to
- Retrieve your mailbox details – needed when setting up the email address on your mail programme
- Reset your password
- Edit the autoresponders
- Disable your mailbox
- Set a limit for the maximum size of individual incoming emails that you wish to accept in the mailbox
The catch-all mailbox is disabled by default. If you would like all stray emails addressed to non-existent usernames at your domain to be forwarded to a single mailbox, then add an email address in the Catch-all email field.
Note: Now that the email account is created on the server, you need to set up your email program or client (eg. Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird) to connect to the server in order to send and receive your email. If you are in the process of transferring a domain to xneelo, we recommend that you set up your email accounts before transfer.