How to set up email in Windows 10 Mail
This guide takes you step-by-step through the process of setting up a new email account in Windows 10 – both the Desktop and Mobile versions.
If the Mail account is already set up, but giving errors – then refer to our Troubleshooting guide.
Replace example.com with your domain name
- Launch Windows Mail
- Add Account
- Choose Other account
- Insert your Email address and Password (forgotten passwords can be reset in konsoleH)
- Click Sign-in
- Click Sign-in repeatedly until it changes to Advanced
- Provide the Account information
- Incoming email server starts with mail. followed by your domain name e.g. mail.example.com*
- Account type is IMAP4
- User name is the full email address
- Password is your mailbox password
- Outgoing (SMTP) mail server starts with smtp. followed by your domain name e.g. smtp.example.com*
- Tick all blocks
- > Sign-in
- All done!
Try to send and receive. If there are any errors, refer to our Troubleshooting guide.
* Note: In isolated cases mail.domain (e.g. mail.example.com) and smtp.domain won’t work. In these cases you will need to use the server name instead e.g. www34.cpt1.host-h.net. Find my server name.