Preparation is the key to a successful local domain transfer.
Follow our guide and achieve first time success:
.co.za. | .org.za
Step 1: Prepare
1. Check the Registrant email address
- Ensure that you have access to the email address listed as the Registrant for your domain. An email “ticket” requesting permission to transfer the domain will need to be accepted from this email address.
- If your current host is listed as the Registrant, they will need to accept the transfer request on your behalf.
- If the email address is outdated or wrong, your current registrar can update it for you, but updates take 5 days to complete, and you’ll have to wait until this period is completed before you can submit the transfer ticket.
2. Release your domain
- Notify your current host that the domain will be transferred away. In order to transfer to xneelo, you first need to cancel your hosting service with your current provider. To assist you in this process, refer to our guide on the procedures required by the most common hosting companies.
- Ensure that you have a copy of your website content to upload to xneelo’s servers.
Step 2: Transfer
2. Order your hosting package
- In konsoleH Select New Order at the top right of your screen
- Select Web Hosting & your preferred hosting package and hosting location → Next
- Select Transfer an existing domain name
- Enter the domain name e.g. example, without the preceding www.
- Select the domain extension from the drop down list, → Next
- Enter the details of the Registrant and Admin contact → Next
- Note for resellers and web designers: Do not provide your own details. The Registrant is the organisation or individual who is the end-user of the domain, not the service provider
- Select/Confirm your payment period (only one payment method is allowed per customer’s xneelo account), → Next
- Confirm your order details
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ > Place Order
- Your hosting package is now automatically set up and ready for use.
4. Submit your transfer request
- Domains are updated or transferred via a voting process, with a voting ticket sent to the email address listed as the Registrant of the domain. This is the only email address authorised to accept the transfer.
- If this address is incorrect, contact your current registrar to change it (a 5 day change period applies).
- The Domain Transfer Manager in konsoleH enables you to submit the transfer ticket to the outgoing registrar that will transfer your domain name registration to xneelo.
- The Domain Transfer Manager is active for 47 days. If the transfer does not complete within this period, the hosting package will be terminated, removing web content and mailboxes.
Submit the transfer request:
- Browse to konsoleH and Log in at Admin level
- Select or search for the domain name to transfer in the search bar of the Hosting Services tab
- Select Manage Services
- Select Domains > Domain Transfer Manager
- Confirm that all conditions have been met, or else the transfer will fail > Next
- Click Submit if you are satisfied with the information on the confirmation screen.
- A ticket will now be submitted to the registrar to start the voting process with the current registrant.
- Exit konsoleH.
- You can return here later to check on the status of your transfer.
5. Accept the voting ticket
If you are the domain registrant:
- Check your email and accept the update request (voting ticket) that you will receive from the registrar, ZACR.
- You’re done! It will take about 24 hours for propagation to complete so that the change is visible across the Internet.
If you are not the domain registrant:
- The current registrant has 5 days to accept the transfer voting ticket. You will receive a notification from the registry, ZACR, once the ticket has been accepted. Propagation will start immediately as the name servers update to xneelo’s at this point.
- You can view the transfer progress by returning to the Domain Transfer Manager tool in konsoleH.
- If the transfer update is declined, you will need to resolve any outstanding issues, and resubmit the transfer request via the konsoleH Domain Transfer Manager.